If you need to take time off work due to an injury or a serious health condition that impacts you or your family member, you may be eligible for:
Family & Medica Leave Act (FMLA)
Paid Family & Medical Leave (PFML)
Family and Medical Leave Act
FMLA provides eligible employees up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave during a 12-month rolling period for any of the following reasons:
• The birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth
• The placement of a child for adoption or foster care within one year of placement
• To care for a family member with a serious health condition (spouse, child, or parent)
• Employees serious health condition
• Miliary exigency
To be eligible for FMLA, an employee must have worked for Chelan PUD a total of 12 months (cumulative, not consecutive) and In those 12 months, the employee needs to have worked 1,250 hours. The “12 month” period is a rolling 12-month period measured backwards from the date the employee last used any family and medical leave.
Paid Family and Medical Leave
Paid Family and Medical Leave is administered by the state of Washington, providing up to 12 weeks of leave (in a claim year) and up to 90% of your eligible weekly earnings. The current weekly maximum payment is $1,427 (2023 cap). If you experience any of the qualifying events, you may be eligible for PFML. Eligibility is determined by the Employment Security Department.
• Care for and bond with a child younger than 18 following birth or placement
• Care for yourself or a family member experiencing a serious health condition.
• Certain military-connected events.
To learn more about PFML visit www.paidleave.wa.gov.
For More Information:
Visit the Human Resources - Leave of Absence page
(works when logged in to a Chelan PUD computer only)